Released in 2011.
The Cadette’s Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this pin:
- Learn how to make a room safe for a young child.
- Find out about water safety and learn to perform a reaching assist from a dock or the side of a pool to help someone out of the water.
- Teach a Daisy or Brownie what to do if she gets lost and why she shouldn’t talk to strangers.
- With your family, make sure you have enough food, water, and medication supplies on hand to last at least three days in case of a natural disaster. (Remember to plan for pets!) It’s important to have someone outside the area whom everyone in your family can contact in case you are separated. Learn who your family contact is or help your family choose a contact.
- Discuss bullying with your Girl Scout group, friends, or family. Write and sign a personal responsibility statement that covers how you’ll behave at school, at home, and online.
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Requirements originally listed in Cadette Girl Scout Handbook available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official pin is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- Free PDF Guide from GSofMaine
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Girl Scout Wiki
- Slideshow on Google Docs from GSCI
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
At Home Individual Girls
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Fun Patch (Daisy Safety Pin does not correlate)
- Brownie – Fun Patch (Brownie Safety Pin does not correlate)
- Junior – Fun Patch (Junior Safety Pin does not correlate)
- Cadette – Cadette Safety Pin
- Senior – Fun Patch (Senior Safety Pin does not correlate)
- Ambassador – Fun Patch (Ambassador Safety Pin does not correlate)
This pin should go where #24 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
Note – The uniform guide shows the pin to be under a row of My Promise, My Faith and Cookie pins. This does not have to be placed under that row. All pins can be lined up together in the same row. The key factor is the pins should be placed under the Rainbow Bridging badge.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Cadette Badge List.