Released in 2011.
The Brownie Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Look around
- Listen to the world
- Put your nose to work
- Take a taste test
- Touch and feel
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
(Part of 5 badge set)
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Creating Butterflies
- Webpage at DS Brownie Girl Scouts
- Webpage at Earn Brownie Try-Its Blog
- Webpage at Girl Scout Wiki
- Downloadable Content for Step 1 at Teachers Pay Teachers for Growing Girl Scout Helpers
- Downloadable Content for Step 3 at Teachers Pay Teachers for Growing Girl Scout Helpers
- Slideshow PDF from GSEP
- Slideshow from GSNWGL
- PDF Meeting Plan from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Workbook fromLeader Connecting Leaders
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- Instructions (1-2 of 2 posts) from GSCO Blog
- 3 of 5 Steps Virtual Programming from GSCSNJ
- PDF and accompanying YouTube video from GSCWM
- Google Classroom link under “Virtual Badges for Brownies” from GSHS
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
- 5 YouTube Videos from GSLP
- PDF (multiple badges) from GSOC
- PDF from GSSEF
- Instructions under “Brownies” from GSSI
- PDF from GSVSC
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
- Brownie – Senses – explore all 5 senses
- Junior – Detective – code breaking, fingerprinting, observation, and solve a mystery
- Cadette – Special Agent – add forensic science
- Senior – Fun Patch (Truth Seeker does not correlate)
- Ambassador – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
Uniform Vest Placement
This badge should go where #10 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Brownie Badge List.