Released in 2011.
The Brownie Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Talk to a teacher, parent, or another adult about how to stay safe at school
- Map your neighborhood
- Find out how your smoke alarm works
- Choose an upcoming trip you plan to take and make a safety plan with an adult
- Find out what natural disasters are most common in your area
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Requirements originally listed in Brownie Girl Scout Handbook available in GSUSA.com
- Brownie Safety Award Pin is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Slideshow on Google Docs from GSCI
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Downloadable Content on Etsy fromOn My Honor Downloads
At Home Individual Girls
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Fun Patch (Daisy Safety Pin does not correlate)
- Brownie –Brownie Safety Pin
- Junior – Fun Patch (Junior Safety Pin does not correlate)
- Cadette – Fun Patch (Cadette Safety Pin does not correlate)
- Senior – Fun Patch (Senior Safety Pin does not correlate)
- Ambassador – Fun Patch (Ambassador Safety Pin does not correlate)
Uniform Vest Placement
This Safety Award pin should go where #9 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
Note – The uniform guide shows the pin to be under a row of My Promise, My Faith and Cookie pins. This does not have to be placed under that row. All pins can be lined up together in the same row. The key factor is the pins should be placed under the Rainbow Bridging badge.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Brownie Badge List.