Released in 2011.
The Cadette’s Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Find out about the air we breathe by visiting a wind farm, talking to an environmental scientist, or doing experiments using wind.
3 parts to Earning this Journey:
- Identify two experts who can guide you to greater air awareness.
- Increase your AWAREness about the issues that impact Earth’s air.
- Decide the most important, personal reason you care about Earth’s air.
- With your Cadette team, choose an air issue to act on together.
- Decide whom to educate and inspire—this is your Air Care Team (ACT)!
- Decide what you will ask your Air Care Team to do.
- Educate and inspire! Give your ACT its call to action.
- Gather proof of progress or improvement through your efforts to educate and inspire.
- Share the impact with your ACT and maybe even go further.
- Get with your Cadette team and reflect on your efforts and their impact.
- Affirm your commitment to strive to be an heir apparent of air and all of Planet Earth’s elements.
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Girl Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping.
- Leader Guide is NOT currently available in the Open Library
- Girl Guide is NOT currently available in the Open Library
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Cadette Girl Scout Journeys Blog
- Take Action Plan for Breathe Journey from GS Gateway
- PDF Meeting Plan (Mtg 1, Mtg 2, and Mtg 3) from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
- Webpage at Your Girl Scout Journey
- Webpage at Workshops4girls
At Home Individual Girls
- Instructions under “Journey Programs” in “Cadette” from GSSC
- Overnight Plan from Troop 1445
- Journey Summary from Troop 10340
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Fun Patch (Between Earth and Sky only loosely correlates)
- Brownie – Fun Patch (Bugs badge and WoW Journey does not correlate)
- Junior – Fun Patch (Flowers badge and Get Moving Journey does not correlate)
- Cadette – Breathe Journey – add air quality information (Trees does not correlate)
- Senior – Sky (Sow What Journey does not correlate)
- Ambassador – Fun Patch (Water badge does not correlate and Justice Journey only loosely correlates)
This Journey badge set can go where #21, #22, or #26 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
Note – Journey badges can go anywhere on the left side of the vest, and in any order. Outdoor Journey does not need to go above the traditional.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Cadette Badge List.