(Part of Cadette Outdoor Journey Set)
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Plan a primitive camping trip
- Prepare your gear
- Make a camp meal
- Learn a new primitive camping skill
- Go camping
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Slideshow on Google Docs from GSCI
- PDF Meeting Plan from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
At Home Individual Girls
- 4 YouTube videos for Primitive Camper and Trailblazing badges (Video 1, Video 2, Video 3, and Video 4) from Better Science Teaching
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Buddy Camper
- Brownie – Cabin Camper AND/OR Hiker
- Junior – Camper
- Cadette – Primitive Camper AND/OR Trailblazing
- Senior – Adventure Camper
- Ambassador – Survival Camper
Note – Journey badges can go anywhere on the left side of the vest, and in any order. Outdoor Journey does not need to go above the traditional.
It is an option to put this badge where #14 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide, when not intending to earn the Outdoor Journey, at all in the 2 years as a Cadette Girl Scout. However, placing it where #17 is often preferred to free up space for other skill-based badges where #10 is as well as to allow the option of earning the full Journey later without having to move the badge later.
The Outdoor Journey does not have to be in a specific order, or placement. Just place all 4 badges in the same area together. You can place badges as you earn them, you do not have to wait until all 4 badges are earned. If you never earn all 4 badges, these can still be placed on the Journey side of the vest.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Cadette Badge List.