(New 2022 Requirements)
New version of petal requirements (without the Flower Friend Stories) released in 2022.
Original requirements were with the Flower Friend Stories released in 2011, the Gerri Petal.
The Daisy Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Three steps needed to complete this badge:
(New Requirements as of August 2022)
- Respect home rules
- Respect authority at school
- Respect authority in your city or town
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- New Handbook with new Requirements available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is only sold as a set and is available in the Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping.
Troop Meeting Ideas for Retired Requirements
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
At Home Individual Girls
- Currently None Available
The new requirements are centered around practicing the different law lines in various ways. Therefore, there are no direct matches to badges in other levels as you can simply “theme” a badge in a different level to the Girl Scout Law theme of the petal Daisies are earning. Some suggestions are:
- Promise Center – Girl Scout Promise (Amazing Daisy – Retired 2011)
Often done with GS Way badge of various levels.
- Petal – Honest and Fair (Lupe – Retired 2011)
Anything that can show being fair or can tie into a lesson of honesty.
- Petal – Friendly and Helpful (Sunny – Retired 2011)
Anything with a service aspect or being nice.
- Petal – Considerate and Caring (Zinni – Retired 2011)
Anything showing kindness.
- Petal – Courageous and Strong (Tula – Retired 2011)
Anything that takes courage to do – even if it’s just trying something new.
- Petal – Responsible for What I Say and Do (Mari – Retired 2011)
Anything where they learn there are consequences.
- Petal – Respect Myself and Others (Gloria – Retired 2011)
Anything where they learn about themselves and others.
- Petal – Respect Authority (Gerri – Retired 2011)
Any meeting where there is someone like a guest speaker they need to learn to respect.
- Petal – Use Resources Wisely (Clover – Retired 2011)
Anything where they reuse and item something to make something.
- Petal – Make the World a Better Place (Rosie – Retired 2011)
Anything where they help, give service, or clean up a meeting area.
- Petal – Be a Sister to Every Girl Scout (Vi – Retired 2011)
Anything where treating each other nicely comes into play.
Uniform Apron and Vest Placement
Petal Pack should go where #8 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
There is an official order on the colors, but it is not strictly enforced, so if you mix up the colors from the official petal pack color wheel, do not be distressed. The image on the GSUSA Shop is the official order of colors.
Note – New leaders and parents need to be aware that the leaves under the petals on all uniform guides have been retired (Cookie Business leaves in summer of 2021 and Financial Literacy leaves in summer of 2022). Their replacements are the flower shaped badges. You no longer need to save room for the leaves when placing petals, but you can use that space for extra flower shaped badges.
Leaves can still be earned and worn but finding leaf badges is difficult to do since GSUSA is no longer making them and only sold until their current stock ran out.
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Daisy Badge List.