Released in 2011.
The Brownie Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Get to know your body
- Eat and play in a healthy way
- Find out how your body works
- Know what to do if something bugs you
- Meet a health helper
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
(Part of 5 badge set)
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Creating Butterflies
- Webpage at DS Brownie Girl Scouts
- Webpage at Earn Brownie Try-Its Blog
- Slideshow on Google Docs from GSCI
- Slideshow from GSNWGL
- PDF Meeting Plan (Mtg 1 and Mtg 2) from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- PDF and accompanying YouTube video from GSCWM
- PDF from GSKentuckiana (not all badges they have are full steps)
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
- PDF from GSNC
- 5 PDFS under “Life Skills” from GSofSI
- PDF from GSSEF
- Instructions under “Brownies” from GSSI
- PDF from GSVSC
- PDF from GSWestOK
- PDF (Part 1 and Part 2) from GSWNY
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
- Brownie – My Best Self – learn about body, nutrition facts, deal with negative emotions
- Junior – Staying Fit – exercise and nutritional Information
- Cadette – Eating for You – nutrient facts, info about diets, stress food, energy food
- Senior – Women’s Health – women’s health facts, emotional health
- Ambassador – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
Uniform Vest Placement
This badge should go where #10 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Brownie Badge List.