Released in 2011.
The Cadette’s Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Explore media and find out how to reshape negative media messages into more positive ones—invite a TV show producer to talk about what influences her work, organize a movie night and discuss the film’s messages, or write a rap song or TV script.
3 parts to Earning this Journey:
- Monitor Award
- Girls take stock of media in their world and influences it has.
- Complete three (out of 8) activities from the book that get them to hone in on the role media plays in their lives and the lives of those around them, plus one that considers media in their community.
- Influence Award
- Girls understand the importance of having media reflect the realities of their world.
- They team up on a Media Remake Project to make media that better represents their reality.
- Cultivate Award
- Girls have made a personal commitment to cultivate a new perspective on media.
- They challenge themselves to make a positive change in the way they use media in their lives – a change that they cultivate so it grows into full-fledged inspiration for others.
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Girl Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping.
- Leader Guide is NOT currently available in the Open Library
- Girl Guide is currently available in the Open Library
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Cadette Girl Scout Journeys Blog
- Overnight Plan from GSCNC
- PDF Activity Plan (Mtg 1 and Mtg 2) from GS Gateway
- Slideshow from GSNWGL
- PDF Meeting Plan (Mtg 1, Mtg 2, and Mtg 3) from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
- Webpage at Workshops4girls
At Home Individual Girls
At Home Individual Girls
- None currently available
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Good Neighbor – find stories in your community; or Between Earth and Sky – Feelings, talents, protect national treasure (the TAP)
- Brownie – A World of Girls – how to change a story
- Junior – Agent of Change – link the stories to “how powerful individual women have been throughout history” and how to make changes yourself as well as changing a story
- Cadette – MEdia – link the stories to stories in the media and how to change the media to change a story
- Senior – Social Innovator – during the find a story in your community and make a TAP to solve the problem; or Mission Sisterhood – self-reflection and healthy relationships, find issue that women face and research it, TAP
- Ambassador – Public Policy – Similar to Senior level Social Innovator with a bit more expansion; or Your Voice, Your World Journey – Find how to speak on topic to advocate for an important change
This Journey badge set can go where #21, #22, or #26 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
Note – Journey badges can go anywhere on the left side of the vest, and in any order. Outdoor Journey does not need to go above the traditional.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Cadette Badge List.