Released in 2011.
The Brownie Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Try a scavenger hunt
- Make up a mystery game
- Create a party game
- Change the rules
- Invent a whole new sport
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
(Part of 5 badge set)
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping.
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Creating Butterflies
- Webpage at DS Brownie Girl Scouts
- Webpage at Earn Brownie Try-Its Blog
- Slideshow PDF from GSEP
- PDF Meeting Plan (Mtg 1 and Mtg 2) from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Workbook fromLeader Connecting Leaders
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- PDF and accompanying YouTube video from GSCCC
- PDF and accompanying YouTube video from GSCWM
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
- PDF from GSSEF
- Video Sessions Under “Badge Work & Awards” in “Brownie” with Follow-Up Steps from GSSGC
- Instructions under “Brownies” from GSSI
- PDF (Part 1 and Part 2) from GSWNY
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Board Game Design Challenge – design a board game, test it out, change a rule and try again
- Brownie – Making Games – scavenger hunt, mystery game, party game, change a rule, make up a sport
- Junior – Playing the Past – create a character, dress up, play historical game, learn about a specific time
- Cadette – Field Day – dress up and play historical game, add science game, pentathlon, and fictional game
- Senior – Game Visionary – ice breaker game, life sized board game, physical challenge, puzzle game, and ultra-scavenger hunt
- Ambassador – Dinner Party – Create a Menu for the party you make all the games at
Uniform Vest Placement
This badge should go where #10 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Brownie Badge List.