(Original 2011 Requirements – Now Retired)
Original requirements with Flower Friend Stories released in 2011 and is now retired. New version of petal requirements (without the Flower Friend Stories) released in 2022, the Petal – Honest and Fair.
The Daisy Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
The retired three steps needed to complete this badge:
(Originally released in 2011, retired in August 2022. Note – it is still valid to earn petals with retired requirements due to GSUSA’s policy that any retired badge can still be earned and worn. However, GSUSA prefers you use the updated requirements to earn current badges.)
- Enjoy “Lupe’s Story,” then talk about it
- Act out the story with your Daisy friends – each girl can take a different part
- Practice being honest and fair
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Retired Handbook with Flower Friends available in GSEWNI Shop online
- Official badge is only sold as a set and is available in the Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping.
- PDF Retired Flower Friend Online Booklet (for retired 3 steps) from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas for Retired Requirements
- Webpage at Bluehouse School
- Webpage at Creating Butterflies
- Webpage at daisyactivities.blogspot.com
- Webpage at Girl Scout Wiki
- Downloadable Content for Step 3 at Teachers Pay Teachers for Growing Girl Scout Helpers
- Badge Blueprint from GS-HCC
- PDF Meeting Plan from GSRV (River Valley)
- Webpage at Katie De La Rosa
- Workbook fromLeader Connecting Leaders
- Downloadable Content for all Petals on Teachers Pay Teachers from Leadership Made Simple
- Downloadable Content for Virtual Meetings for all Petals on Teachers Pay Teachers from Leadership Made Simple
- Downloadable Content for first 5 Petals on Etsy fromOn My Honor Downloads
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
- Webpage from Use Resources Wisely
At Home Individual Girls
The retired Flower Friend Petal requirements were often earned with many of the upper-level badges as most multi-levels skipped the story and focus on learning about the law aspect and practicing it. The retired petal requirements therefore do not have direct correlations as the subject matter can be “themed” on the aspect of the Girl Scout Law of the petal, so specific suggestions are not given.
- Promise Center – Girl Scout Promise (Amazing Daisy – Retired 2011)
Often done with GS Way badge of various levels.
- Petal – Honest and Fair (Lupe – Retired 2011)
Anything that can show being fair or can tie into a lesson of honesty.
- Petal – Friendly and Helpful (Sunny – Retired 2011)
Anything with a service aspect or being nice.
- Petal – Considerate and Caring (Zinni – Retired 2011)
Anything showing kindness.
- Petal – Courageous and Strong (Tula – Retired 2011)
Anything that takes courage to do – even if it’s just trying something new.
- Petal – Responsible for What I Say and Do (Mari – Retired 2011)
Anything where they learn there are consequences.
- Petal – Respect Myself and Others (Gloria – Retired 2011)
Anything where they learn about themselves and others.
- Petal – Respect Authority (Gerri – Retired 2011)
Any meeting where there is someone like a guest speaker they need to learn to respect.
- Petal – Use Resources Wisely (Clover – Retired 2011)
Anything where they reuse and item something to make something.
- Petal – Make the World a Better Place (Rosie – Retired 2011)
Anything where they help, give service, or clean up a meeting area.
- Petal – Be a Sister to Every Girl Scout (Vi – Retired 2011)
Anything where treating each other nicely comes into play.
Uniform Apron and Vest Placement
Petal Pack should go where #8 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
There is an official order on the colors, but it is not strictly enforced, so if you mix up the colors from the official petal pack color wheel, do not be distressed. The image on the GSUSA Shop is the official order of colors.
Note – New leaders and parents need to be aware that the leaves under the petals on all uniform guides have been retired (Cookie Business leaves in summer of 2021 and Financial Literacy leaves in summer of 2022). Their replacements are the flower shaped badges. You no longer need to save room for the leaves when placing petals, but you can use that space for extra flower shaped badges.
Leaves can still be earned and worn but finding leaf badges is difficult to do since GSUSA is no longer making them and only sold until their current stock ran out.
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Daisy Badge List.