Released in 2011.
The Cadette’s Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Try some tree fun
- Dig into the amazing science of trees
- Make a creative project starring trees
- Explore the connection between people and trees
- Help trees thrive
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Girl Scout Wiki
- Instructions under “Week 3” from GSCI
- Slideshow PDF from GSEP
- Slideshow from GSNWGL
- PDF Meeting Plan (Mtg 1 and Mtg 2) from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- YouTube video from Better Science Teaching
- Instructions (pt1 & pt3-5 of 5 posts & pt2 of 5 posts) from GSCO Blog
- PDF and accompanying YouTube video from GSCWM
- Instructions under “Outdoor” from GSEOK
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
- PDF from GSKSMO Virtual (New At Home Program)
- PDF from GSofCT
- PDF from GSSEF
- Video Sessions under “Badge Work & Awards” in “Cadette” with Follow-Up Steps from GSSGC
- Instructions under “Cadette” from GSSI
- Instructions under “Cadette” from GSSSC
- Webpage with walkthrough steps (no registration needed) from Virtually Badges
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Welcome to the Daisy Flower Garden Journey – Plant seeds and TAP
- Brownie – Bugs – Add observing and learning about bugs into the garden theme of the others
- Junior – Gardener – plant seeds, visit a garden, plan a garden (Flowers does not correlate)
- Cadette – Trees – make sure garden visit includes trees, design treehouse, plant a tree
- Senior – Sow What Journey – Farming information and TAP
- Ambassador – Fun Patch (Water does not correlate)
This badge should go where #14 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Cadette Badge List.