Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Meet the neighbors
- See more than before
- Investigate the Moon
- Be a stargazer
- Celebrate and share
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Creating Butterflies
- Downloadable Content at Teachers Pay Teachers for Growing Girl Scout Helpers
- Slideshow on Google Docs from GSCI
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Badge Boxes from Jerseyshore GS
- Downloadable Content on Etsy fromOn My Honor Downloads
At Home Individual Girls
- PDF and accompanying YouTube video from GSCWM
- Instructions under “STEM” from GSEOK
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
- 5 YouTube Videos from GSLP
- Walkthrough steps w/Google Forms (No registration needed) from GSMidTN
- 5 PDFS under “STEM” from GSofSI
- PDF from GSSEF
- Instructions under “Brownies” from GSSI
- PDF from GS-TOP
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Space Science Explorer – Moon and Constellations
- Brownie – Space Science Adventurer – Moon and Constellations
- Junior – Space Science Investigator – Planet Science (Age and Distance/Size)
- Cadette – Space Science Researcher – Invisible Vs. Visible Light
- Senior – Space Science Expert – Explore distance between stars
- Ambassador – Space Science Master – Explore NASA and Space Careers
Uniform Vest Placement
This badge should go where #10 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Brownie Badge List.