Released in 2011.
The Cadette Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Two steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Complete a Cadette Leadership Journey.
- Serve for one full term in a leadership position at your school, place of worship, library, town council, community center, after-school club, or a similar organization…. The length of your service will depend on the term specified by the organization or the particular role.
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Requirements originally listed in Cadette Girl Scout Handbook available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official pin is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping.
- PDF Online from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- No guide available
At Home Individual Girls
- No guide available
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
- Brownie – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
- Junior – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
- Cadette – Silver Torch Award
- Senior – Silver and Gold Torch Award
- Ambassador – Gold Torch Award
Uniform Vest Placement
This pin should go where #8 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Cadette Badge List.