Released in 2017 but is considered part of the 2011 Girl’s Guide.
The Daisy Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Three steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Make a simple roller coaster car
- Build a model of a roller coaster
- Test your roller coaster
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
(Part of 3 Mechanical Badge booklet – not a Progressive set)
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping.
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Earn Daisy Badges Blog
- Mtg 1 and Mtg 2) from GS Fairbanks
- Downloadable Content on Etsy fromOn My Honor Downloads
At Home Individual Girls
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
- YouTube video from GSLP
- PDF from GSSEF
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Roller Coaster Design Challenge
- Brownie – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
- Junior – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
- Cadette – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
- Senior – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
- Ambassador – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
Uniform Vest Placement
This badge should go where #10 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide. Note for Aprons – all skill-based badges can be lined above the pockets (on either side of the leaves if you have the retired leaves on the uniform). Vests have all skill-based badges on only the council ID set side.
There are 3 mechanical engineering badges which are part of a series of themed badges – but they are not progressive or need to be earned together or in a specific order. They do not need to be placed on the vest/apron in any specific order unless desired.
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Daisy Badge List.