(Year 2 – Original Financial Literacy Badge)
Released in 2011. RETIRING in Summer of 2022 – The original Financial Literacy badges will no longer be in production, although the requirements will still be sold at GSUSA shops. GSUSA stores will only sell this badge until their original stock runs out.
The Brownie Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Learn what every person needs
- Investigate how to help people who are hungry
- Find out how to help people who need clothing
- Know how to help in times of emergency
- Think—and act—like a philanthropist
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online (as of June 2022)
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at DS Brownie Girl Scouts
- Webpage at Earn Brownie Try-Its Blog
- Downloadable Content for Step 1 at Teachers Pay Teachers for Growing Girl Scout Helpers
- Downloadable Content for Step 2-3 at Teachers Pay Teachers for Growing Girl Scout Helpers
- Badge Blueprint from GS-HCC
- Slideshow from GSNWGL
- PDF Meeting Plan from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- PDF and accompanying YouTube video from GSCWM
- PDF from GSIOWA (only all steps if stated “Steps 1-5”)
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
- Walkthrough steps w/Google Forms (No registration needed) from GSMidTN
- 5 PDFS under “Entrepreneurship” from GSofSI
- PDF from GSSEF
- PDF from GSWestOK
- No Multi-level Matches available as this badge will be retired in the Summer of 2022.
Uniform Vest Placement
This badge should go where #10 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Brownie Badge List.