Released in 2011.
The Brownie Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Get inspired
- Paint the real world
- Paint a mood
- Paint without brushes
- Paint a mural
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Creating Butterflies
- Webpage at DS Brownie Girl Scouts
- Webpage at Earn Brownie Try-Its Blog
- Instructions under “Week 2” from GSCI
- PDF Meeting Plan (Mtg 1 and Mtg 2) from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Webpage at Katie De La Rosa
- Workbook fromLeader Connecting Leaders
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- Instructions (1-4 of 4 posts) from GSCO Blog
- Instructions under “Life Skills” from GSEOK
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
- PDF from GSKSMO Virtual (New At Home Program)
- PDF from GSNC
- PDF from GSSEF
- PDF from GSWestOK
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
- Brownie – Painting – still life, mood art, mural, paint without brushes
- Junior – Drawing – perspective, shading, different mediums, graphic design
- Cadette – Comic Artist – types of comics, expressions, 4 panel comic creation
- Senior – Fun Patch (Collage Artist does not correlate)
- Ambassador – Fun Patch (Photographer does not correlate)
Uniform Vest Placement
This badge should go where #10 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Brownie Badge List.