(Year 1 – Original Financial Literacy Badge)
Released in 2011. RETIRING in Summer of 2022 – The original Financial Literacy badges will no longer be in production, although the requirements will still be sold at GSUSA shops. GSUSA stores will only sell this badge until their original stock runs out.
The Brownie Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Shop for elf items with your elf doll
- Go grocery shopping
- Go clothes shopping
- Get ready for school
- Have some fun
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online (as of June 2022)
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at DS Brownie Girl Scouts
- Webpage at Earn Brownie Try-Its Blog
- Downloadable Content at Teachers Pay Teachers for Growing Girl Scout Helpers
- Slideshow on Google Docs from GSCI
- PDF Meeting Plan from GSRV (River Valley)
- Blueprints for Troop Leaders from GSUSA
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- No Multi-level Matches available as this badge will be retired in the Summer of 2022.
Uniform Vest Placement
This badge should go where #10 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Brownie Badge List.