(Year 1 – Original Financial Literacy Badge)
Released in 2011. RETIRED in 2022 – The badge is no longer in production, although the requirements are still sold at GSUSA shops. GSUSA stores will only sell this badge until their original stock runs out.
The Cadette’s Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Practice budgeting for your values.
- Learn to track your spending.
- Find out about ways to save money.
- Explore different ways to give.
- Create a budget that focuses on your values.
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Slideshow on Google Docs from GSCI
- PDF Meeting Plan from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- Virtual Program from GSCSNJ
- PDF from GSIOWA (only all steps if stated “Steps 1-5”)
- PDF with accompanying YouTube video from GSofCT
- 5 PDFS under “Entrepreneurship” from GSofSI
- PDF from GSSEF
- PDF from GSVSC
- Webpage with walkthrough steps (no registration needed) from Virtually Badges
- No Multi-level Matches available as this is a retired badge.
This badge should go where #14 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Cadette Badge List.