Released in 2018 but is considered part of the 2011 Girl’s Guide.
The Junior Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Model the Solar System
- Circle the Sun
- Discover the stars
- Use the tools to explore
- Share your sky
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Slideshow on Google Docs from GSCI
- Slideshow PDF from GSEP
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Badge Boxes from Jerseyshore GS
At Home Individual Girls
- PDF and accompanying YouTube video from GSCWM
- Instructions under “STEM” from GSEOK
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
- 5 YouTube videos from GSLP
- Walkthrough steps w/Google Forms (No registration needed) from GSMidTN
- PDF with accompanying YouTube video from GSofCT
- Under “STEM” from GSofSI
- PDF from GSSEF
- Under “Badge Work & Awards” in “Junior” from GSSGC
- Instructions under “Juniors” from GSSI
- PDF from GSWestOK
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Space Science Explorer – Moon and Constellations
- Brownie – Space Science Adventurer – Moon and Constellations
- Junior – Space Science Investigator – Planet Science (Age and Distance/Size)
- Cadette – Space Science Researcher – Invisible Vs. Visible Light
- Senior – Space Science Expert – Explore distance between stars
- Ambassador – Space Science Master – Explore NASA and Space Careers
This badge should go where #13 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Junior Badge List.