Released in 2011.
The Cadette’s Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Decide what makes a good script good
- Come up with an idea for a story
- Get to know your characters
- Build the plot
- Write a 12-page script—and share it!
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
(Part of 5 badge set)
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Instructions under “Week 1” from GSCI
- PDF Meeting Plan (Mtg 1 and Mtg 2) from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- PDF from GSIOWA (only all steps if stated “Steps 1-5”)
- PDF (multiple badges) from GSOC
- PDF from GSSEF
- PDF from GS-TOP
- PDF from GSVSC
- PDF from GSWestOK
- Webpage with walkthrough steps (no registration needed) from Virtually Badges
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
For the writer badges, each level has very different requirements and they do not correlate well, but here is a list of exactly what is asked in each level so leaders can judge if doing the extra work for each level is worth it for their scouts.
- Daisy – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
- Brownie – My Family Story – write family tree and share various family stories
- Junior – Scribe – write a poem, short story, short autobiography, news article, and essay
- Cadette – Screenwriter – write 12-page script
- Senior – Novelist – write 20-page short novel
- Ambassador – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
This badge should go where #14 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Cadette Badge List.