Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Find art ideas outdoors
- Make something!
- Dance or make music outdoors
- Be a nature photographer
- Design with nature
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Creating Butterflies
- Instructions under “Week 1” from GSCI
- PDF Meeting Plan (Mtg 1 and Mtg 2) from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Workbookv fromLeader Connecting Leaders
- Downloadable Content on Etsy fromOn My Honor Downloads
At Home Individual Girls
- 3 of 5 steps Virtual Programming from GSCSNJ
- 2 PDFs on Google Drive from GSEIWI
- Instructions under “Outdoor” from GSEOK
- PDF from GSGCNWI (only all steps if stated completed at end of document)
- PDF from GSKentuckiana (not all badges they have are full steps)
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
- YouTube Video from GSLP
- Walkthrough steps w/Google Forms (No registration needed) from GSMidTN
- PDF from GSofCT
- 5 PDFS under “Outdoors” from GSofSI
- PDF from GSSEF
- Instructions under “Brownies” from GSSI
- Instructions under “Brownies” from GSSSC
- 3 Videos under “Brownies” from GSVSC
- PDF (Part 1 and Part 2) from GSWNY
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Outdoor Art Maker
- Brownie – Outdoor Art Creator
- Junior – Outdoor Art Explorer
- Cadette – Outdoor Art Apprentice
- Senior – Outdoor Art Expert
- Ambassador – Outdoor Art Master
Uniform Vest Placement
This badge should go where #10 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Brownie Badge List.