Released in 2011.
The Junior Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Uncover the science of one flower
- Look under the petals
- Find out how flowers help people
- Have fun with flowers
- Send a message in flower code
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Earn Junior Girl Scout Badges Blog
- Webpage at Girl Scout Wiki
- Instructions under “Week3” from GSCI
- Slideshow PDF from GSEP
- PDF Meeting Plan (Mtg 1 and Mtg 2) from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- PDF and accompanying YouTube video from GSCCC
- PDF and accompanying YouTube video from GSCWM
- PDF Steps 1-4 from GSIOWA (only all steps if stated “Steps 1-5”)
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
- PDF from GSSEF
- Instructions under “Juniors” from GSSI
- PDF from GS-TOP
- 4 videos under “Juniors” from GSVSC
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
- Brownie – Fun Patch (Bugs does not correlate)
- Junior – Flowers
- Cadette – Fun Patch (Trees does not correlate)
- Senior – Fun Patch (Sky does not correlate)
- Ambassador – Fun Patch (Water does not correlate)
This badge should go where #13 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Junior Badge List.