(Year 1 – Original Cookie Business Badge)
Released in 2011. RETIRED in 2021 – The badge is no longer in production, although the requirements are still sold at GSUSA shops. GSUSA stores will only sell this badge until their original stock runs out. My First Cookie Business replaced the Count it Up leaf as the new Year 1 Cookie Business Badge.
The Daisy Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Three steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Find out What Cookies Cost
- Learn about Different Kinds of Cookies
- Set a Sales Goal
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout GSEWNI Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout GSEWNI Shop online (as of Nov 2022)
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Bluehouse School
- Webpage at daisyactivities.blogspot.com
- Webpage at Girl Scout Wiki
- Badge Blueprint from GS-HCC
- PDF Meeting Plan from GSRV (River Valley)
- Blueprints for Troop Leaders from GSUSA
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Workbook of all 4 leaves fromLeader Connecting Leaders
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- PDF and accompanying YouTube video from GSCCC
- PDF from GSNorCal
- No Multi-level Matches available as this is a retired badge.
Uniform Vest Placement
Retired Cookie Business leaves should go where #15 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
Note – New leaders and parents need to be aware that the leaves under the petals on all uniform guides have been retired (Cookie Business leaves in summer of 2021 and Financial Literacy leaves in summer of 2022). Their replacements are the flower shaped badges and go where #10 indicates. You no longer need to save room for the leaves when placing petals, but you can use that space for extra flower shaped badges.
Leaves can still be earned and worn but finding leaf badges is difficult to do since GSUSA is no longer making them and only sold until their current stock ran out.
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Daisy Badge List.