Released in 2011.
The Cadette’s Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Lead a group in song
- Celebrate Girl Scout Week
- Share sisterhood through the Girl Scout Law
- Leave a camp better than you found it
- Enjoy Girl Scout traditions!
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Girl Scout Wiki
- Slideshow PDF from GSEP
- PDF Meeting Plan (Mtg 1 and Mtg 2) from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- PDF from GSKSMO Virtual (New At Home Program)
- Walkthrough steps w/Google Forms (No registration needed) from GSMidTN
- PDF with accompanying YouTube video from GSofCT
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
Girl Scout Way badges are pretty much the same each year with only one requirement being very different from each level.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Fun Patch (no equivalent)
- Brownie – Brownie Girl Scout Way – Celebrate Juliette’s Birthday
- Junior – Junior Girl Scout Way – Celebrate Girl Scout Birthday
- Cadette – Cadette Girl Scout Way – Celebrate Girl Scout Week
- Senior – Senior Girl Scout Way – help younger scouts celebrate a special event
- Ambassador – Ambassador Girl Scout Way – Celebrate World Thinking Day
This badge should go where #14 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Cadette Badge List.