(Part 1 of Cybersecurity Progressive Badge Set)
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Crack a code
- Hack a password
- Explore two-factor authentication
- Launch a man-in-the-middle attack
- Explore social engineering
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Virtual Workshop – 1 or All 3 Cybersecurity badges from Leader Connecting Leaders
At Home Individual Girls
- Google Classroom link under “Virtual Badges for Cadettes” from GSHS
- Walkthrough steps w/Google Forms (No registration needed) from GSMidTN
- PDF with accompanying YouTube video from GSMidTN
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Daisy Cybersecurity Basics
- Brownie – Brownie Cybersecurity Basics
- Junior – Junior Cybersecurity Basics – add malware info
- Cadette – Cadette Cybersecurity Basics – add password creation and man in the middle
- Senior – Fun Patch (Senior Cybersecurity Basics does not correlate)
- Ambassador – Fun Patch (Ambassador Cybersecurity Basics does not correlate)
This badge should go where #14 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
Note – Progressive Badges do not have to be displayed in a specific order, just earned in a specific order. You can either place them on the uniform so they are together in the order earned, or you can simply place them on uniform as you earn them and do not worry about saving room for the future progressive badges in that set.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Cadette Badge List.