Released in 2011.
The Brownie Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Find out about girls around the world and how stories can give you ideas for helping others—play a game from another culture, invite storytellers to talk about what they do, or draw a self-portrait that shows what’s unique about you.
4 parts to Earning this Journey:
- Hear a Story Award – Brownies see that stories hold clues for how to better the world
- Change a Story Award – Brownies realize they have the power to change things for the better for girls in the world
- Tell a Story Award – Brownies have the confidence and knowledge to educate and inspire others
- Better World for Girls! Award – Brownies understand they belong to a large and far-reaching world of girls
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Girl Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping.
- Leader Guide is NOT currently available in the Open Library
- Girl Guide is currently available in the Open Library
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Creating Butterflies
- Webpage at DS Brownie Girl Scouts
- JIAD (Journey in a Day) Links from Girl Scout Leader.net
- PDF Meeting Plan (Mtg 1, Mtg 2, Mtg 3) from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Downloadable Content on Etsy fromOn My Honor Downloads
- Webpage at Your Girl Scout Journey
At Home Individual Girls
- 4 YouTube Videos from GSLP
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Good Neighbor – find stories in your community; or Between Earth and Sky – Feelings, talents, protect national treasure (the TAP)
- Brownie – A World of Girls – how to change a story
- Junior – Agent of Change – link the stories to “how powerful individual women have been throughout history” and how to make changes yourself as well as changing a story
- Cadette – MEdia – link the stories to stories in the media and how to change the media to change a story
- Senior – Social Innovator – during the find a story in your community and make a TAP to solve the problem; or Mission Sisterhood – self-reflection and healthy relationships, find issue that women face and research it, TAP
- Ambassador – Public Policy – Similar to Senior level Social Innovator with a bit more expansion; or Your Voice, Your World Journey – Find how to speak on topic to advocate for an important change
This badge should go where #17 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Brownie Badge List.