(Year 2 – Original Financial Literacy Badge)
Released in 2011. RETIRED in 2022 – The badge is no longer in production, although the requirements are still sold at GSUSA shops. GSUSA stores will only sell this badge until their original stock runs out.
My Money Plan replaced Savvy Shopper as the new Year 2 Financial Literacy Badge.
The Junior Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Explore your needs and wants
- Look into why you want what you want
- Find out what makes people happy (or not!) with what they buy
- Learn how to decide what to buy
- Make a plan to buy something you need or want
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Bluehouse School
- Webpage at Earn Junior Girl Scout Badges Blog
- Downloadable Content at Teachers Pay Teachers for Growing Girl Scout Helpers
- Slideshow PDF from GSEP
- PDF Meeting Plan from GSRV (River Valley)
- Blueprints for Troop Leaders from GSUSA
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
- Walkthrough steps w/Google Forms (No registration needed) from GSMidTN
- PDF with accompanying YouTube video from GSMidTN
- Under “Entrepreneurship” from GSofSI
- PDF from GSSEF
- No Multi-level Matches available as this badge will be retired in the Summer of 2022.
This badge should go where #13 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Junior Badge List.