Released in 2011.
The Cadette’s Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting page has the information on when all badges were released.
Five steps are needed to complete this badge:
- Get to know someone different from you
- Make decisions in a group
- Explore civil debate
- Understand a compromise
- Find common ground through mediation
Note – Please see our Affiliations page to know if any of the links on The Badge Archive benefit the website in anyway.
- Leader Guide available in Girl Scout Shop online
- Official badge is available in Girl Scout Shop online
or look for your local shop to save on shipping
- PDF Online Booklet from GSUSA Council
Troop Meeting Ideas
- Webpage at Girl Scout Wiki
- Badge Blueprint from GS-HCC
- PDF Meeting Plan (Mtg 1 and Mtg 2) from GSRV (River Valley)
- GSUSA VTK – No links
Only Accessible through MyGS log-in on Council’s website
- Workbook fromLeader Connecting Leaders
- Webpage from Scouts Honor Wiki
At Home Individual Girls
- Instructions (1-5 of 5 posts) from GSCO Blog
- PDF from GSEP
- Google Classroom link under “Virtual Badges for Cadettes” from GSHS
- PDF from GSKSMO at Home (Archived Original At Home Program)
- Walkthrough steps w/Google Forms (No registration needed) from GSMidTN
- PDF from GSSEF
- Instructions under “Cadette” from GSSI
- Webpage with walkthrough steps (no registration needed) from Virtually Badges
Check out other badges that might work well with this badge when doing activities with multiple levels. These are simply suggestions and may take some creativity and extra steps to earn all the badges in various levels.
A Multi-Level Troop will need to do extra steps when earning different badges across levels. It depends on how many requirements overlap. Some will only have one or two matching requirements.
If there is no badge in a level, we suggest that a level earns a Fun Patch related to the rest of the badges instead of an official badge.
- Daisy – Fun Patch (Good Neighbor does not correlate)
- Brownie – Celebrating Community – symbols, songs, learn to march, find landmarks, and hold ceremony
- Junior – Inside Government – look at local government, look at laws, report on an issue, help advocate at local organization
- Cadette – Finding Common Ground – compromise, formal debate rules, watch and discuss a debate
- Senior – Behind the Ballot – how to vote, voting process, make a campaign, foreign voting for women
- Ambassador – Fun Patch (Public Policy does not correlate)
This badge should go where #14 is stated on the GSUSA Uniform Guide.
(Note – Badges and pins on a sash simply go in order (top of sash to bottom of sash) of Identification badges, bridging badge, pins, journeys, and other badges. Anything that does not fit on the front can be placed on the back of the sash. Sashes will not hold a lot of badges and vests are recommended if you plan to earn badges.)
Find out how you can support The Badge Archive!
Return to the Cadette Badge List.