Junior Safety Pin
Five steps are needed to complete this award:
- Find out what the most common injuries are for kids your age. Make a list of how you can prevent them. Then do a home safety audit to check for dangers around the house.
- Conduct an emergency evacuation drill of your home or the place your Girl Scout group meets. In the case of a fire, know where your main exit is locate, and plan an alternate way to get out if the first exit is blocked.
- Find out how to read weather signs so you know when to head indoors and get to safety.
- Learn about bicycle safety. Research why bike helmets are important and how to check if a helmet fits you properly.
- Go on a hazard-identification walk along a local hiking trail, bike trail, or horse trail.
Instructions on How to Complete Junior Level
Junior instructions: GSKSMO At Home Steps (Added April 2020)
Junior instructions: Troop 62301 Independent Steps (Added April 2020)
Junior instructions: Power Point Independent Steps (Added April2020)
Brownie through Ambassador instructions:
Keeping it Easy and Simple website (Added April 2020)
Know another place with instructions?
Let us know with a comment so we can add it to the list!